Invest in yourself: Put your best foot forwards with a new you!
Now that the parties are over and you’re once more hit with reality, you’ve got choices to make. Here’s one more resolution to add that will be very easy to keep, see the good in others and do not be so hard on yourself. Think happy thoughts and resolve to smile more. A smile is the most economical addition to any wardrobe, never costing anything but always paying big dividends. Resolve to work on your image and you’ll have an awesome year.
Here are 12 easy and budget-friendly image resolutions that will make reaching your other goals that much easier:
1. Stand, walk or sit straight.
When you’re standing, for best alignment, your ears, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles should be in a straight line. When you’re walking, a straight, but relaxed posture is essential. Sagging shoulders, rounded backs, and drooping chins not only create a down-trodden and underprivileged image, it also ruins the drape of good clothing. When you’re sitting; sit with your hips as far back as they will go, and preferably in a straight-backed chair.
Now, I have to tell you, if you’re not used to good posture, it will take time to master. Your muscles won’t be used to the new position, so they may get a little tired at first. Stick with it, remember, this is not a 100 yard dash, it is a journey. You’ll only be uncomfortable for a short time and the benefits far outweigh the discomfort. Soon people will notice you looking taller, thinner younger and more confident. You’ll also have a stronger back and stomach muscles, giving the illusion of a trimmer waistline.
2. You can never go wrong with a winning smile. Even if you’re not feeling in a particularly cheery mood, you’ll find that smiling can really make you feel better, and those around you will feel better too. So let’s start an epidemic, as it’s very contagious.
3. Get properly Fitting Undergarments. Would you like to look ten pounds slimmer and ten years younger immediately? A great-fitting bra should be comfortable but supportive, should fit snugly without binding, or creating unsightly bulges. If your bustline doesn’t hit midway between your shoulders and elbows, you need a new bra.
4. Organize your closet. Wear what gives you pleasure, style, and confidence. When your image reflects your best you, you beam the message that you’re on top of your life and doing just fine. If you haven’t worn it in over a year because it doesn’t fit, or you’re just plain tired of it get rid of it. Organize what’s left and make a list of things that you need and call CGs Couture Designs.
5. Get in shape. There are so many benefits to having a healthy body! Not only do you look better but your energy level goes up and you feel better from resting better and having more endurance.
6. Develop an attitude of gratitude. Be generous enough to give, but humble enough to receive. Grumbling and complaining will fill your life with barrenness so let your waiting time become your worship time as it’s your attitude that determines your altitude.
7. Develop an air of elegance. True elegance is a combination of style, fashion, an affluent air, bearing and attitude. While fashion changes from season to season, the words used for elegance remains constant: like graceful, intelligent, kind, good-humored and determined. These essential qualities are free of charge and available to anyone who cares enough to put theory into practice.
8. Good humor are notable characteristics of prosperity and optimism. Even in the face of extreme adversity, do not panic. Things have a way of working out. God is still in control.
9. Be optimistic with what you have----your spiritual, mental and physical health, combine all these together and improve and grow. In other words, love and believe in yourself and that will give you the self-confidence to go out into the world as if you own it.
10. Be a true friend and you‘ll have true friends. A friend is like a good bra….Hard to find, but supportive and comfortable….Always lifts you up. Never lets you down or leaves you hanging; and is always close to your heart. Sort of like Gayle King and Oprah Winfrey.
11. Invest in a great bag. It doesn’t have to have a designer label, but big enough to hold your stuff, work with most of your clothes, and fits you proportionally. Buy the best quality you can afford.
12. Get proper clothing for every occasion. Ever wondered how you keep buying clothes yet never seem to have anything to wear. Get the core wardrobe; it will take care of your shrinking closet. Do not be influenced by just the price as the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. If you resolve to make 2011 the year you change your image and make the time and effort you will be astounded by the results. Packaging yourself as you will attract people and opportunities like nothing else will. You were created an original, don’t become a copy! Make it an awesome year because quality is a race with no finish line.